Tax Information


Tax Information

Grants and Scholarships
US Resident Tax Forms
US Nonresident Tax Information
  • GLACIER information, login and access request

Where can I obtain a 1098T tax form?

  • IRS Form 1098-T Tuition Statement is available online in an electronic format at under the myAccounting tile.
  • View and download your 1098-T form and find more detailed information at (UC Davis Site ID 11556), or call the 1098-T Support Center at (888) 220-2540 for live assistance with logging-in and general information about 1098-T. 
Guidance for Student Payments

Tax FAQs

  • When can I expect to receive my 1098-T form?
  • You can expect the 1098-T form to be available at the end of January.
  • What is a 1098-T form?
  • The Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 offers two tax credits that may be of benefit to students.  The IRS Form 1098-T Tuition Statement is used to assist the taxpayer in determining eligibility for these tax credits.

    1. The AOTC, American Opportunity Tax Credit, can help pay for the first four years of college if you attend at least half-time. The credit provides up to $2,500 per student per year, or up to $10,000 over four years of education.

    2. The LLC, Lifetime Learning Tax Credit, can help pay for any level of college or for education courses that advance or improve your job skills. The credit provides up to $2,000 per return per year.

  • How do I claim the AOTC or LLC credit?
  • These tax credits are available to taxpayers who paid education expenses for themselves, their spouse or for their dependent. To claim a credit, you must file a Form 1040 or Form 1040-A federal tax return and complete Form 8863.  Form 1098-T contains helpful information needed to complete Form 8863.
  • Where can I learn more about these valuable tax credits for higher education?
  • Everything you need is online at Education Credits.
  • I received an email asking me to update my SSN, but I do not have one. What should I do?
  • The University is required to request TIN/SSN to all students that do not have one on file. If you do not have either, you do not need to file an IRS form WS-9. We will put a notation in the system that you do not have one. This is a yearly requirement and you will continue to receive emails in the future as long as there is no number on file. If at any point during your stay at UC Davis, and you obtain an SSN/TIN you should update your records with us.